CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Happenings of the Week










I guess I would like to start from last weekend (conference weekend). I had my first mission reunion the friday night before conference. I had a blast! It's a shame that we don't meet more often than once a year. But there are several mission buddies that are here in the SLC/Provo areas going to school and living! We are actually trying to get a few of us to hit up Nightmare on 13th next weekend, amongst other friends! It should be fun! ...and I am getting side tracked with the topic at hand! Sorry, but for those who don't know me that well, I am very random! Random ideas or recollections pop into my head and I start to go off on tangents and talk about them!
Anyways... last weekend for conference weekend I had several of my latin friends from Las Vegas come up. We were able to go to the saturday afternoon session of conference. We sat up in the balcony on the 3rd to 4th row from the way back! But hey! We made it inside! It was quite an awesome session! Especially with the funny talk given my Elder Worthlin! He's a great guy! Another highlight was the primary choir that sung that session in place of the MOTAB. During one of the songs they sung the camera was focused on a spot where a red headed, freckled youngster was is sight. The red hair most definitely stood out! lol... My latin friends galnced over at me when they saw him, and made comments like "Look! There's Craig Jr.!" or "It's Craig's kid!" to one another. It was pretty funny! From there we hung out around temple square until late in the evening. Then we went back to my place where we talked and made some mini m&ms and mini chocolate chip cookie dough and baked a little of it while we munched on some of the dough! Then we called it a night and went to bed.
On sunday morning we went to the Assembly Hall building on Temple Square and watched the session in Spanish! That took me back to the mission! All in all, I had a good conference weekend! I was spiritually, socially, and mentally uplifted!
As for work... everything is going well! I was able to get my Utah drivers license on monday as well! In doing so my process towards getting my CDL and HAZMAT endorsements have progressed! In order to get the CDL/HAZMAT endorsements I have to pass a thorough background check by the FBI with finger prints and all. But before I could get that done, I had to get a Utah license, and before i could get a Utah license i had to have money- aka receive a paycheck! I received my paycheck last week friday. So on monday I finished my route around 11:00am, meaning that i was done with work! The head driver guy said to go ahead and leave so i can go to the DMV. Come to find out, Praxair paid to have my license done since it is part of me of getting me hired! That was great! On top of that, i didn't have to take the 25 question, open-book, written test either! So i was in and out of the DMV in about 20 minutes! It was great!
That night, i was able to go with some friends (Hadley and Travis) to see Eagle Eye! That was a good movie! The whole movie was almost in suspence! I quite enjoyed it!
Wednesday night I volunteered to assist the RS in my ward with their visiting teaching dinner by setting up. serving, and taking down. I had a good time with that as well. And no, I wasn't able to get any girl's number. But don't fret! One of these days i will get one! LOL!
Other than that nothing too exciting has been happening. Just been brushing up on my health benefit forms and such to get those turned in pronto!
So...yeah... I guess you can say that I had an eventful week! As well as say that this is another long blog that i have written. I more than likely have bored you, but thanks for sticking it out to the end! And i leave it at that!

1 comments:

Loralie said...

Hey!! Nice job with the back ground and set up of your blog! I especially like the pic at the top. I didn't forget about getting the cd's of your pics up to you. I'll just bring them at the end of the month. Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself, but then, you usually do!